aerospace engineer with a&p license
To assist with the engineering activities at a dynamic and expanding company by contributing and refining the engineering skills acquired from my education and work experiences.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from ABET accredited school.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings completed.
- FAA Private Pilot’s Certificate completed.
- Ability to develop and review technical data and drawings for airframe structures and systems to provide written instructions for aircraft repairs and modifications.
- Understanding of principles used in stress analysis and conducting FEA in Solidworks.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to apply information from aircraft SRMs, AMMs, IPCs, SBs.
- Experience Planning, reviewing, organizing, and prioritizing engineering tasks for aircraft component repairs to ensure on time completion of tasks and aircraft return to revenue service.
Airframe & Powerplant License May 2010 – May 2012
George T. Baker Aviation, Miami, FL GPA: 4.0/4.0
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering Sep 1999 – May 2003
Ryerson University, Toronto, ON GPA: 3.5/4.0
05/16 – Present Design/Project Engineer Heico-Seal Dynamics Inc. Tampa, FL
- Analyzed existing commercial aircraft components in order to reverse engineer them and develop equivalent parts with improved performance and cost savings.
- Used inspection equipment such as an optical comparator, coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical equipment, pin gages, calipers, micrometers, etc. in the analysis and reverse engineering of aircraft parts.
- Developed CAD models and drawings using GD&T and tolerance analysis in support of component design specification definition and interpretation. Worked with in-house engineers in material analysis and quality control inspectors to complete FAI reports.
- Prepared project kick-off documentation to confirm the feasibility of reverse engineering projects and conducted component design reviews in support of releasing drawings, CAD models and process specifications for the reverse engineered components.
- Established Gantt charts to plan the development of PMA aircraft parts to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Conducted weekly supplier meetings and visited supplier facilities to discuss component part development issues and produce corrective task actions to resolve the issues.
09/12 – 04/16 Component Repair Lead Engineer Aviation Technical Services Everett, WA
- Planned, reviewed, organized, and prioritized tasks of an aircraft component repair team to ensure on time completion of tasks in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules.
- Provided training to new engineers and interns to create parts in Solidworks. Also, checked cad models and detail drawings of new engineers before releasing this data to the machine shop for final fabrication.
- Managed the development of aircraft repair engineering documents by providing assistance to less-experienced engineers, and interaction with different members of internal and external organizations.
- Created substantiation data packages in support of DER Repair Specifications, PMA and STC projects to provide airline operators relief on high cost and/or long lead time components.
- Communicated directly with FAA ACO, DERs and airlines to establish the performance and CFR compliance requirements of aircraft component repairs and component replacement parts.
- Researched Boeing IPC, SRM, AMM and other OEM documentation to find solutions for aircraft modifications and communicated these solutions through engineering analysis feasibility reports and configuration management spreadsheets to substantiate the proposed modification.
- Ensured all applicable customer, OEM, regulatory, and maintenance requirements were met while preparing aircraft modification and repair engineering documents for FAA approval.
- Participated in the development of work statements and hours estimates in support of Engineering Design proposals and ensured engineering projects were accomplished within a reasonable time frame as defined by the Engineering Manager.
- Utilized Solidworks to develop 3D CAD models for interior re-configuration of 757 and 767 aircraft and also conducted linear static FEA in Solidworks for a cargo door actuation assembly design to be installed on Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Developed MDL and drawing packages in AutoCad and Solidworks, including development of a component maintenance manual, in support of a Boeing 737 STC.
- Collaborated with machinists to refine CAD models for translation to CNC code and also supported aircraft mechanics to ensure finished parts are installed correctly to the aircraft.
- Researched, selected and negotiated with suppliers of standard and unique parts and services for use in aircraft modifications and new product developments.Worked with technical writing staff to develop an FAA-PMA Quality manual compliant to 14 CFR 21.137 per 14 CFR 21.307.
01/06 – 09/12 Product Development Engineer Multi Parts Supply Jupiter, FL
- Performed qualification tests and inspections per SAE guidelines to approve automotive products.
- Developed reverse engineering data using CMM and precision measuring instruments.
- Created CAD models and drawings for the design/modification of automotive components.
- Wrote ECNs to manufacturers to request modifications and updates to products.
- Procured precision measurement tools and material testing equipment for a product inspection lab.
- Wrote product service bulletins for customers advising them of revisions and updates to products.
- Created and maintained control plans for testing automotive fuel pumps and hydraulic cylinders.
- Visited customers locally and travelled internationally to work with suppliers in resolving product quality issues.
- 2012 AMT School Outstanding Student in Airframe & Powerplant Program
- 2003 Ryerson University Aerospace Engineering Dean's List